driver has no insurance

Unfortunately, a large percentage of Washington drivers either have no insurance or minimum-limits policies. Which is why we highly recommend that drivers review their insurance policies annually and consider obtaining uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UIM). If you have a UIM policy, your insurance company will likely pay for damages for injuries that you received and should have been able to recover from the negligent party if they have no insurance or insufficient coverage.

Understanding Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

In Washington State, you have the right to seek full compensation for your injuries from the responsible driver in a collision, provided that the at-fault driver has sufficient insurance coverage to address your damages. According to the Office of the Insurance Commissioner in Washington, in a situation “where the driver that hit you lacked car insurance at the time of the accident and you do not have UIM as part of your automobile insurance policy, you’ll need to rely on other coverage you may have or pursue the at-fault party to recover your costs.” Which means taking them to court.

At the Law Offices of Michael Clark, we strongly recommend that everyone driving in Washington state has UIM coverage. However, if you find yourself in a situation where the driver that hit you is uninsured or underinsured, regardless of whether you have UIM or not, we strongly recommend you talk to one of our personal injury attorneys to see what options might are available to you.

We’re Here for You!

At The Law Offices of Michael Clark, we have an exemplary team of lawyers and support staff who are ready to help. At the Law Offices of Michael Clark, we understand all aspects of auto accident claims and can advise you every step of the way.

If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, CONTACT US Today!

Want to learn more? Check out our FAQ section!